Wow...Where to even begin! This movie lived up to and surpassed all the hype it has received over the past few weeks. With a phenominal cast and a great script, this movie captivated my attention from the opening scene through the credits. Heath Ledger's dark and twisted performance was perfect. As the Joker, Ledger's long greasy hair and darting tongue further emphasized his level of insanity. Yet despite his freakish scar (leaving an ever persistant smile on his dark face)and his dark demeanor, Ledger conveys the brillance behind the Joker's schemes as the once thought heroic city leaders quickly collapse and inadvertently turn on each other. He masterfully took on the character of the Joker as the unexpected comic relief and the immortal villian.
The portrayal of Gotham City and it's dismal state of crime and destruction felt oddly familiar. Like Harvey plainly stated, it's darkest before the dawn and this movie captured that dark moment with flickering glimpses of light. With a cloud of heavy darkness covering the city, hope still shone through the hazy eyes of Gotham's citizens. Maybe humans are inherently good...
I was stunned by the quality of this film! I loved it, even more than Batman Begins. I highly recommend it for those who haven't seen it or to those who are skeptical. You will not be disappointed!
Check out this review!: http://movies.nytimes.com/2008/07/18/movies/18knig.html
Thad's Mispronunciations
8 years ago
2 comments:
Wow, did you write that yourself? Very impressive. I haven't seen the movie yet, but am very excited and I have high expectations. It was good to see you at the reunion.
Post a Comment