A few weeks ago, I was highly anticipating a number of activities that would undoubtedly bring excitement and praise to my humble little blog; unfortunately, those plans of blogging prestige were thwarted the moment my sick little nephew wobbled through our house. Little did I know the havoc that one-and-a-half year old would wreck , beyond destroying the cleaner areas of our home. Things I've learned recently: -When you've been exposed to flu "victims," EFY gets leery -When you start exhibiting flu symptoms (ie: cough), with no further questions asked, the EFY health counselors will send you home -Feeling better + mild cough = not well enough to go back to EFY -1 busy day at EFY when you aren't feeling 100% will push you over the edge and result in a fever of 103...not so fun! -2 weeks at home....alone...when you should be working at EFY=worst summer "adventure" EVER! To make a long story short, I finally got all my paperwork in and squared away with EFY (that's another story in and of itself) just in time to start working at the first Tacoma EFY session. While I had survived the weeks in good health despite the sick people around me, but the Sunday before EFY was set to begin, I got sick and was subsequently sent home from EFY moments before the participants started to arrive. I spent that week at home recovering and went back for the second week only to get sick AGAIN after only one day as a counselor. Sad end to the saga, I know, but I'm hoping that I can go back for the last week or two of the Tacoma sessions...I'm not too hopeful because in all fairness, I had to bail out twice already, which I can't imagine to be a good selling point for me at the moment when it comes to hiring counselors. I guess I've done all I can and it's out of my hands at this point... More to come soon....I'm sure....this story isn't over yet!
Thad's Mispronunciations
8 years ago
4 comments:
That's sad...you would be TERRIFIC as a counselor at EFY! Better luck next time.
Jennae is going to EFY-Provo in August. She is excited. We hope you really are better and we feel bad for those EFYites who missed having you for a counsellor!!! When are you heading back to the Y?
classes start on the 31st of august...so I will probably be back in provo the weekend before to get things set up so i can be settled in before classes start.
Hope Jennae has a great time at EFY!!!
Bummer Lauren! But you got to ride the duck with ShareBuilders ::jealous::
Post a Comment