The "Cow Chip" Jingle:
Though all of us might try our best,
We can't bring back the Wild West.
But there's one thing that can remind us,
Of those treasured days behind us,
Of stories told around the fire,
Of horses that would never tire,
While cattle grazed the meadows green,
With fences few and far between.
That's where the cow chip came about,
The cookie that make cowboys shout.
From miles around you'd hear them hoot,
"Ya whoo! What's that on my boot?!!"
They quickly spread throughout the land,
In answer to the high demand.
And to this day they haven't changed,
They still come fresh from the open range!
My afternoon break today consisted of a lovely, sunny walk through Pioneer Square to one of my favorite places in Seattle: The Cow Chip Cookie bakery! Yum...Now the weekend can start! Plus, cookies are great sources of energy the day before a race, right? I guess I'll find out tomrrow....
2 comments:
That's why you beat me in the race, I didn't go with you to get a cookie!
Man, that cookie dough looks good!
Post a Comment