Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunshine + the Gorge + Coldplay = Lauren's Heaven!

Since my sister thinks I write too much, I'll keep this brief and let all the pictures do the talking...
It hasn't even been 24 hours, but I just had to blog about this! Yesterday, Coldplay performed at the Gorge in Eastern Washington. Being the cheap college student that I am (or try to be), I practiced self restraint and didn't buy the $100+ ticket for the Coldplay concert, even though they are one of my favorite, if not my favorite band. I was really sad I wasn't going, especially when I found out that my sister had a ticket. She was going with a few work friends, all of whom invited me to come. Unfortunately, one of the girls had to leave town unexpectedly to tend to a family emergency. Leaving the day before the concert, she didn't have time to sell the ticket, so she graciously gave it to me knowing how much of a Coldplay fan I am. I have the best friends ever!
To me, the concert can be summed up in one word: EPIC! Despite the heat, which made for a sticky night, everything about the concert was wonderful; from the man with the Jesus tattoo, to the butterfly confetti-filled air during the finale, the concert was perfect! I can't imagine anything topping last night...I'm pratically speechless.
Here ya go....good stuff!
Pre-show...we were sitting down in front of the stage about 30 rows back...note that most of the concert go-ers were seated on the "lawns" back from the stage (where I'm standing).
Karrie and I getting ready to find our seats! Coolest stage set-up...those colored balls changed throughout the show...really NEAT!
Oh yeah...sing it Chris! I think I might have to give Gweneth a run for her money... :) The "Gorge" behind the stage

1 comments:

Karrie Shepro said...

Where's the picture of the guy with the Jesus tattoo...you gotta post that, it was awesome. It was a concert to remember. Glad it all worked out and we both gotta go!