In response to Ben's debate over the benefits/harms of "smiking", I've noticed a similar situation here in Pioneer Square. While I've not seen any active smikers, I've experienced something similar with the same consequences of smiking: let's call it "smunning". I realized that I wasn't the only victim of this unique phenomenon as I was outside with some fellow work-out buddies. For one of our lunchtime fitness classes, we ran from our building in Pioneer Square to the Sculpture Park, about a mile and a half away, and back. On the way back, I became particularly sensitive to the smell of exhaust from the many passing cars and smoke from the many people out taking a smoking break in front of their buildings. This brought the thought into my mind, as I ran, huffing and puffing and breathing in that horrible air. Was the horrible air I was breathing in counteracting the running I was doing? Ben, any thoughts? Should I stop running outside??? What conclusion did you come to?
I couldn't find a picture that was representative of "Smunning", so I thought this was a good substitute....(Weird you say...I agree! I typed in "runners" to Google, and this popped up on the first page...I don't get it)

1 comments:
Can I say that I absolutely love you. I really miss having you here in Rexburg. I think you are probibly the last of the Macbeths to visit this amazing little place.
Ben
Post a Comment