Pages

Friday, January 30, 2009

I Love Uncle Bart!

Uncle Bart was more of a grandpa than a great uncle to me. Since I didn't know one of my grandfathers and my other died when I was only four years old, Uncle Bart filled that void in my life. He was the best surrogate grandfather anyone could have asked for. I'll miss him so much. He changed my life this past semester at school. I don't know what I would have done without him and Aunt Nedine. I often wonder why I went back to school to BYU-Idaho this fall, why I didn't send my application to BYU sooner so I could have gone during the fall semester, and I'm starting to think that I went back to Rexburg so I could be around people who loved me as much as uncle bart and aunt nedine do. Whenever i was having a hard time or a bad day, uncle bart would always cheer me up, even when he wasn't feeling good, he could still make me smile. His legacy will be with me always.
I love him so much. I bet he and Grandpa John are having a good time catching up right now :)

2 comments:

Linda Westover said...

Bart was always fun! I was just a kid of 7 or 8 when he and Nedine were courting -- Bart would arrive to pick her up on his BIG motorcycle.
I thought that was so cool. You were lucky, Lauren, to be able to know him.

Karen said...

How lucky you are that you got to know him like we did... just a great guy with a knack for making who ever he was with feel important to him!