As I sat wallowing in self-pity over the fact that I was single as the New Year rapidly approached, I decided to be pro-active (this should be my new year's resolution because i can improve in that area...) and assessed my party options for the grand occassion. The day began like any other, yet there was a tinge of excitement in the air. I went to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button with two of my friends...(just FYI, it's not worth $10 to see it in the theater, but it is worth spliting the cost with some friends when it comes out on DVD and just renting it. I think it's worth seeing, but not worth sitting through for three hours in those uncomforable movie theater seats with the gross, sticky floors, with strangers to your left and right. Enjoy it at your own pace...it's LONG!)
Okay...back to New Years. After the movie, we went to a friends house for games and ice cream sundaes before loading up into the borrowed family minivans and driving to Seattle to watch the fireworks off the Space Needle. Even though it was rainy and cold, my friends and I had a great time dancing around, running around the fountain at the Seattle Center, and taking funny pictures. The disappointment that tainted my inital attitude at the onset of the day vanished as i watched the excitement on my friends faces with each burst of the bright fireworks. This will be a great year...I can just feel it!
*On a side note, my friend Thomas and I took some great little movie clips of the evening, which hopefully will be turned into a great movie to remember the holiday...watch for it here....someday!

2 comments:
You got to see Grant! How unfair!! Well, I guess its not totally unfair because I saw him at Hollis' homecoming, but still!!
I think you lost a sentence in there as you don't say the name of the movie you went to see that we should all wait to rent!
Post a Comment