Saturday morning, I slept in (halellujah!), got up and started cleaning our apartment because it was in desperate need of some spiffing up. Without my roommates awake or at home, I got things pretty clean, though now, one day later...we're back to it's usual diorganized state. Oh well...it was nice while it lasted. While I was cleaning I turned on the TV to have a little background noise. I flipped through the channels and finallly landed on the Hallmark channel watching Love Comes Softly. I'd seen the movie before, but it was sweet and there was nothing else on at 10 o'clock in the morning on a Saturday. After cleaning, I turned off the TV and did some homework and ran some errands. My roommates were either busily studying or out with their boyfriends, so I, being super lazy, flipped the TV back on. And what was on...the next movie in the Love Comes Softly Series. Since again there wasn't anything else on that piqued my interest, I watched the next movie. This pattern evolved...and low and behold...there are six movies in this series! Needless to say, I didn't have a lot of homework and my roommates were all busy with other things, so I kept myself busy knitting and watching this Hallmark series. All in all...it was a great Saturday! :)

I've decided, since my whole day of Hallmark movies, that life is like a Hallmark movie: there are ups and downs, birth and death, joy and sadness, but in the last five minutes, everything comes together! See, my whole Saturday wasn't a waste--Hallmark taught me a valuable lesson! 

2 comments:
This is your cousin Jessica! This is the first time I have blog jumped over to your blog. YOU make me smile. What I wouldn't give to have a Saturday like you did. Enjoy them while ya got'em! As far as your indiana jones ride adventure goes- I laughed out loud! I think he wanted a birthday present from you. Hee hee!!
Uh...and to think you called ME old the other day. Knitting and watching Hallmark movies on a Saturday (not even Sunday) just added 10 years to your age!
Post a Comment