This past week I joined a competitive ultimate frisbee team here at school. My cousin's wife is one of the women's coaches, so when I mentioned the fact that I had some extra free time on my hands this semester, she suggested that I join one of the teams since they could always use players. Wednesday was my first practice and this past Friday was our first game. Our team lost, but I did score one of our few points! The game was a blast despite the below 30 degree weather we had to face. My hands were frozen for 92% of the entire game, but once I got running around, the numbness blocked out the pain. It unfortunatly made it hard to catch the frisbee. Hopefully our game next weekend won't be quite as hard.
The best part was that some of my friends came to watch! James (cousin) and his wife Becky brought their friend Brett, who I met last weekend at the cabin. My roommate Rachel was the real winner because she sat on the cold metal bleachers for the entire 1-hour long game. What a trooper!
It was so awesome playing at the stadium! I know the stands were virtually empty, but it was still cool to play under the big lights with people walking by watching and cheering for us. It was also neat to play with girls who would compliment you and give you encouragement, even if you were on opposing teams. For a first time player on a BYU-I team, it's always nice to be told you are a good defender or that run was awesome. Competitive sports need to be more like this for all the sports no matter where you are!
Thad's Mispronunciations
8 years ago

2 comments:
So is that you catching the frizbee in all your gear?!? With clear blue skies behind you???
no...if it were really me, there would be snow behind that turtle!!!
Post a Comment