Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The highs and the lows

So, yesterday's performance, apparently, was AMAZING! Carlos said that the sound system was awesome and they had a full auditorium by the end of their show (about 500-600 people)! He was so excited when I talked with him! He can't wait to perform again at that resort next week!

Unfortunately, today was not as amazing. They performed on an outdoor stage, but they only had 20 minutes for their sound check because there were other shows going before their show was scheduled to begin. As a result, Carlos said that the show was not very good. At the same time, he said that they received more compliments after this show than any of their other performances. Go figure! Thankfully, the problem with the sound should be taken care of before they perform at this same resort again next week. Just a little hiccup in the process!

Besides performing, Carlos has been walking on the beach and tanning by the pool. Rough life, right? I can't wait to join him! When I get there, I will help with the lights during their performances. Not quite sure what that means, but I will get to go wherever they go and eat at the resort buffets with them each night. Yay! I'm also anxious to find a school (or schools) where I can volunteer in my downtime. :)

Here are some pictures for your enjoyment. Don't drool too much on your keyboard...

The pool at our apartment (where Carlos goes every morning to swim and tan)


Um, flamingos. Not sure where he saw these, but aren't they cute!?


The venue where they performed tonight.


Ahh.....the beach!

2 comments:

Shaunene Edwards said...

Lauren, I'm SO glad you're keeping us up to date on how things are going down in the DR, and I am so excited to follow your blog! Love you, Mom

Shaunene Edwards said...

Lauren, I'm SO glad you're keeping us up to date on how things are going down in the DR, and I am so excited to follow your blog! Love you, Mom