One year ago, this week, Carlos and I met. I can't believe how fast time has flown and all that has happened since our first date. It's been the most amazing year of my life! I've had some memorable experiences in my life--both good and bad--but by far, this past year with Carlos tops them all. I'm continually amazed by how much my love for Carlos grows with each passing day. He is my best friend and I am grateful each day to have him in my life. I mean really, isn't he so handsome!?!
Alright, alright...you all really got on here to read about Carlos and his adventures, so here it goes:
Yesterday's show was great! They were the headlining show for the evening and had a full audience to perform for (a few hundred people). Yay!
As for today, the show was well-received by the audience at Breathless (the newest resort to the Punta Cana area--it just opened last November).
The day started out with a bang--quite literally! Apparently their taxi overheated and caught on fire. Not the best thing to tell your wife who is thousands of miles away....my heart stopped for a second when he told me, but then I realized that he was talking to me, so he must be okay. Needless to say, their taxi carrying 9 adults simply overheated. Carlos was sitting on the floor of the van nearest to the door. When the driver got out of the van, opened the hood, and then promptly reached down to throw dirt/sand on the engine, Carlos knew something was wrong. Not to mention when the driver came over and opened the door to the van yelling, "Fuego! Fuego!" ("Fire! Fire!")
They all got out of the van and waited on the side of the road for another taxi to come and pick them up. Carlos commented at how impressed he was by the Dominican people because about 6 cars stopped and offered to help them as they stood on the side of the road. I'm happy to know that there are nice people there taking care of my husband since I can't be there! Thank you kind people of the Dominican Republic!
Once they finally got to the resort, they got everything set up on the stage when they were informed that they would be performing on the resort's outdoor stage rather than the auditorium. So, they took all their eqipment down and moved it outside. A bit of a hassle, but it all worked out in the end. There were a few issues with the sound (as seems to be a common theme at these outdoor venues), but Carlos said that the show went well!
The best part was Carlos' surprise at the show! While waiting for the show to start, all the guys were off doing their own things, but Carlos was sitting in the empty audience seats in front of their stage. One of the resort workers came up and started talking with him. They started talking about shoes!!! and barbering!!! Carlos whipped out his phone and started showing this guys pictures of his shoe collection and pictures of his hair cuts/designs. As they were looking through the pictures, the guy came across one of EVOC's logos, which Carlos has saved on his phone. I'm not exactly sure how the conversation evolved, but Carlos commented to this resort worker that he thought it would be cool to have this logo projected on the LCD screen up on the stage while they performed. The worker just said "sure" and took Carlos to the DJ, who made it happen! The guys were completed surprised when the show started and their logo appeared on the screen. Carlos got big kudos from the group as well as the producers! Yay! So proud of him!





1 comments:
It's fun hearing how Carlos is doing. It will be nice to hear of your grand adventures...together! Uncle Dave & I had been married four months when we were separated for two months thanks to the army and field maneuvers. It was hard! We have a lot of empathy for the two of you. Hang in there! Every day brings you another day closer. :)
Post a Comment