This is where I teach:
This is what I see during my commute every morning:
This was our first DC adventure--a trip to Georgetown Cupcakes
(inspiration of TLC's DC Cupcakes TV show):
This is a picture of the falcon we saw at the National Zoo:
This is the view out of my apartment (the Pentagon is the low-laying building on the horizon):
This is the all of us student teachers!:
Last weekend, we went to Mount Vernon and enjoyed the colonial festival that was happening there.
Today, we spent a couple of hours walking through the National Museum of American History. We saw a baseball signed by Babe Ruth, Benjamin Franklin's walking stick, the lunch counter from the Greensboro Sit-In campaign, a piece of the Twin Towers, and campaign ribbons for President Lincoln.
The real highlight of the day happened while riding the metro back to our apartment after watching the RS broadcast at the stake center. When we got on the metro, my roommate Sarah and I noticed that there was a guy who appeared to have fallen asleep on the ride. Since we were getting on at the end of the metro line as it turned around to head back into the city, we thought we should wake him up. Before we got to him, someone else woke him up. Apparently he had completely missed his stop, but I reassured him that the metro would head back to that stop shortly if he just stayed on the train. So, he came over and sat down next to us and just started chatted. He asked us where we had come from (seeing as we were dressed up on a Saturday night). I told him that we had been at a church activity, to which he asked if it was a Bible study group or something similar. I happily respond that we were members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and we had just left a broadcast to all the women of the church worldwide. He then went on the compliment Mormons in general as people who truly radiate light and an inner confidence and assurance. Over the next 15 minutes or so before he got back to his stop, we chatted about how we know this is the true church, the value of the Book of Mormon, and mormon.org. I assured him that even though we didn't know each other, that God has a plan for him and that we didn't meet by chance. He thanked us for planting a seed in his life so he could go on and investigate further for himself. As he stood up to get off at his stop, he dug through his pockets and handed us his business card before the train sped off.
So cool.







1 comments:
I'm sure many of us were relieved to see a picture of the school where you teach. Somehow I had this ghetto school pictured in my mind...
Keep that missionary spirit going!
Post a Comment