Word of the week: nieva (to snow)
Hello family and loved ones. I'm typing with a lame pinky finger, so this might be short!
This week has been...well...another crazy week at the MTC. Last week we got to "host" the incoming sister missionaries. I actually thought it was really fun, despite the fact that we had to skip our gym period which I LOVE. I hosted a sister from Kentucky headed to Ogden Utah. She was very sweet and ended up in the room right next to me, so I try to check in on her once a day, at least during this first week. It's crazy to think that I've almost been here for 5 weeks! one of the sisters in our zone (there are only 4 sisters total) leaves for Argentina in one week. She is so excited and we are all a little bit jealous of her since she gets to head out and start teaching people!!!
This week is building up to be quite the intense week. For our weekly TRC visit (mock investigator situation), we have to teach the entire first lesson (lesson on the restoration) in SPANISH! craziness!!! I'm pretty excited but completely nervous all at the same time. It will be good to get my feet wet and my mouth moving more in Spanish. My companion doesn't seem too excited about it because Spanish seems to be quite a source of frustration for her, but we're working through it. I've been learning a lot about charity and patience to put it plainly. This past week was really tough as a companionship because my companion was really depressed. Thankfully she's pulled out of it most of the way and the branch presidency gave her a calling, which she seems surprisingly excited about. i'm hoping that between her new assignment and my fervent prayers and all the prayers of the church will help us make it through. Thank you for your constant support and encouragment. I feel your love and strength everyday and I'm overwhelmingly grateful. THANK YOU!
In other news, in regards to the word of the week...it snowed today as we walked to the temple. that's right...snowed! it was completely slushy and extremely difficult to walk in!!! The power even went out at least 3 times during our session (only for a few seconds before the generators kicked in). CRAZY! and yes...June is just a couple of weeks away. A sister who we met here left for Mendoza about a week or so ago and she just emailed us today and told us to bring our sweaters because it is cold!!! She also told us to PRACTICE, PRACTICE spanish. I'm excited to learn the language, but i'm becoming increasingly aware of the fact that I can't do it on my own. It's neat to see though, now after 4 weeks, how much I can do. My teacher (Hmo. Aldrich---AMAZING!!!!) tells me that I'm doing well and that I'm right where I should be after 4 weeks. What's really neat to me is praying in Spanish. I haven't said a prayer totally in English since about the 3rd day here...it's so exciting!
Alright, P-day is rapidly coming to a close and my time is ticking away. Just wanted you to know that I'm alive and well. I'm working as hard as I can so I don't leave with any regrets. I was recently studying with my companion (we do that alot :) ) and she taught me something really neat that I've thought a lot about, particularly recently. In John 6: 9-13, we read of the story when Christ fed the 5000. What i'd never noticed before was that passage's connection to ether 12:27. A "lad", as the scriptures say, offers christ his few fishes and asks, "but what are they among so many?" The Lord then shows him the miracle and He took those few fish (the lad's "weakness") and fed thousands, making the boy's weakness a strength. The Lord is working the same miracle in me and all of us, everyday. As we come to the Lord in prayer, and offer Him all that we have, acknowledging our weaknesses, he will perform miracles in our lives and make weak things become strengths to us.
I love the Lord, I love His Gospel, and I am ever humbled by this opportunity to represent Him.
Thank you again for all your love and support! I couldn't do it without you!
Love always,
Hermana Pelton
0 comments:
Post a Comment