Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Posted May 9th - snail mail

Letter #3 May 3, 2010 Our branch president is WONDERFUL! He gives us goodies almost every time we see him, like a box of granola bars, candy, chips and other great midnight snacks. (we eat dinner at 4:30pm) Yesterday his wife even brought us 4 sisters in the zone a suitcase full of clothes to try on. It’s nice to have a patterned skirt to mix things up and break free of the “black mob” elders. Oh yeah! I started talking about the branch president because he just got back from a trip to Mendoza! (Random, right?!?) Apparently he went on business, but got to spend some time at the mission home. He told Hermana Richins and I all about it. He said the city is nice, quite relaxed yet very established and built-up for a 3rd world country. He said that they take great care of the sister, the apartments are nice (not dumpy at all), all the missionaries had dusty feet and the work is going well. He said that each set of missionaries works with about 8-9 investigators/re-activating members and that each companionship has about 1 baptism a month. Coll, huh?!? Needless to say Hma. Richins and I were a bit distracted by our excitement for the rest of the day! J Let’s see…what else. Elder Perry gave a devotional address on Tuesday where he emphasized the role of the Book of Mormon in the conversion process. It was wonderful and very inspiring. I’ve been spending more time studying it and using it to answer potential questions of investigators. It truly was written for our day! Other news…Utah weather is crazy. Snowed for the past few days and was cold, but today is warm, the skies are perfectly clear blue and the flowers are bright. Needless to say I’ve gotten lots of compliments on my black and pink winter jacket…thanks mom. Sorry I won’t be calling home for Mother’s Day. We didn’t get an explanation, just that we can’t call. Oh well…we’ll catch up before my trek to Argentina. Learning Spanish is hard work and mostly over whelming, but I’m trying my hardest and putting forth my best effort. I’m trying to learn and discover what studying with all my heart, might, mind, and strength means for me. It’ll all work out in the end, right? At least I can testify in Spanish, that’ll get me through at least the first few weeks in the country. J Alright, laundry is about done. I’ll email in a few hours. I love you all and I pray for your always…in Spanish…This truly is the Lord’s work and I’m so glad to be a part of it! Love, Hermana Pelton

0 comments: