Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Vancouver 2010

I'm not sure if you are familiar with what has become quite possibly my favorite Winter Olympic sport; no, not the women's halfpipe or even speed skating. This noble sport ranks right up there with curling and the Jamaican bobsled team from Cool Runnings; I'm referring to the biathlon. "The biathlon?" you say. "What's that?!?!?" To be honest, as of this morning, I too had an only vague inclination as to what this sport includes. Let me inform you: According to trusty Wikipedia, "biathlon usually refers specifically to the winter sport that combines cross-country skiing and rifle shooting." Well, of course! Let's take a leisurely ski trip through the snow covered alpine forests of Canada, but stop periodically to awkwardly get on the ground to shoot at a target. I particularly like how Jerry Seinfeld described it: (listen from about 5:45 to the end; around minute 8:00 especially) For those of you out there who are yet to experience this awe inspiring event, there's still time!

Biathlon Schedule
Dates
February 16, 2010
February 18, 2010
February 21, 2010
February 23, 2010
February 26, 2010

2 comments:

Eric Westover said...

Looks like someone has a little too much time on her hands.

The Green-Eyed Girl said...

uh...that obvious, huh? :)