Yeah, yeah, yeah....I know....it's been a while since I last posted. It's been a crazy month of school!
Most notable was my birthday this past Monday...I have successfully made it to 22! Woohoo! Only one person asked if I were turning 19...yeah...not so much, thanks. I just hope she didn't come to that conclusion because of the way I act.
Monday was great!...okay...so I had to make my own birthday cake and I had to organize any festivities if I wanted it to happen, but it was still a ton of fun! I gathered a pretty good group and we went and had dinner at Red Robin together. Then we came back and ate yummy coconut cake and ice cream at my apartment. At one point, as I struggled to get around the crowded apartment, I realized that the apartment was FULL of guys....yeah....there were only 2 girls besides my 3 roommates and easily 15 guys! Most importantly, my REALLY cute home teacher came over (and did our dishes...so nice!). It was a great day!
Thanks for the birthday wishes and boxes of goodies! I really can't say thanks enough!
Yesterday night, my roommate Bethany had planned a birthday party for me...unfortunately it didn't turn out all that well. We went to one of the parks up Provo Canyon and played capture the flag using PVC pipes and marshmellows. I ended up eating most of my bag of marshmellows before we even started the game! :) Unfortunately, it was not nearly as fun as I had hoped; essentially Bethany asked everyone she could think of and had them bring friends so we would have enough people. As a result, I knew about 5 people out of 30 or so. Most of the people would walk by and ask who I was to which I thought, "Uh...I'm the reason you are even here....yeah...did you even know that you are here for someone's birthday??" Oh well. We still had a great time blowing marshmellows at each other while running around in the dark. Let's just say we had SO much fun that the squirrels, birds, and other woodland creatures will be hyped up on sugar until Spring rolls around! :)
Things I learned about playing capture the flag with marshmellows:
-boys will store marshmellows in their mouths for more "efficient" shooting, resulting in GROSS! white spots on your dark jacket after you're hit (great way to pass the swine flu...)
-marshmellows hiting your face at point blank range HURT really bad
-don't invite only couples unless you yourself have a significant other; makes running around and conversations very lonely...silly BYU couples up in the clouds :)
-there are 100 calories in about 10 mini flavored marshmellows...*sigh*...i probably easily ate 50+ marshmellows
-there is a great amount of satisfaction throwing marshmellows at your friends!
-wearing a glow stick automatically makes one feel like you're invovled in some awesome adventure!
Yesterday night, my roommate Bethany had planned a birthday party for me...unfortunately it didn't turn out all that well. We went to one of the parks up Provo Canyon and played capture the flag using PVC pipes and marshmellows. I ended up eating most of my bag of marshmellows before we even started the game! :) Unfortunately, it was not nearly as fun as I had hoped; essentially Bethany asked everyone she could think of and had them bring friends so we would have enough people. As a result, I knew about 5 people out of 30 or so. Most of the people would walk by and ask who I was to which I thought, "Uh...I'm the reason you are even here....yeah...did you even know that you are here for someone's birthday??" Oh well. We still had a great time blowing marshmellows at each other while running around in the dark. Let's just say we had SO much fun that the squirrels, birds, and other woodland creatures will be hyped up on sugar until Spring rolls around! :)
Things I learned about playing capture the flag with marshmellows:
-boys will store marshmellows in their mouths for more "efficient" shooting, resulting in GROSS! white spots on your dark jacket after you're hit (great way to pass the swine flu...)
-marshmellows hiting your face at point blank range HURT really bad
-don't invite only couples unless you yourself have a significant other; makes running around and conversations very lonely...silly BYU couples up in the clouds :)
-there are 100 calories in about 10 mini flavored marshmellows...*sigh*...i probably easily ate 50+ marshmellows
-there is a great amount of satisfaction throwing marshmellows at your friends!
-wearing a glow stick automatically makes one feel like you're invovled in some awesome adventure!
0 comments:
Post a Comment