okay, so those who know me know that I LOVE Indiana Jones and specifically the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland. I can't even begin to express my level of excitement as we walked through the front gates at Disneyland last weekend. It makes me happy just thinking about being in the park standing under the Indiana Jones ride sign. *sigh* What made this particular trip even better in regards to the Indiana Jones ride was our discovery of the "single rider" pass which allows you to cut to the front of the line at the expense of going on the ride with your friends/family. My opinion...the ride is 4 minutes long! i can handle sitting by some stranger for 4 minutes...i'm too deleriously excited about being on the ride to even take note of who i'm sitting next to.
Well, this was my attitude until one fateful ride as a "single rider." We had gone on the ride numerous times as single riders up to this point and my opinion had held strong. This trip to the front of the line seemed like all the rest. I was pulled from the single rider line to fill a seat in the front row with 3 teenaged boys. As I stood in line with them waiting for our car to be emptied of its prior passengers, I overheard one of the boys plead to sit in the middle versus on the edge of the car. I smiled to myself, got in my seat, buckled up and let the excitement boil up. As we waited for the ride technician to check our seat belts, i started making small talk with one of the boys next to me to ease any of his potential worries about the ride. Through our conversation I came to find that he was at Disneyland for his 13th birthday. I smiled and wished him fun. I turned my attention back to the ride as it began. All of a sudden I noticed a small hand bumped up against mine as I gripped the handle bar in front of me. I looked down and then over at the 13 year old birtday boy who embarrassedly pulled his hand away. I shrug it off chalking it up to the bumpy ride.
But wait, I felt that same hand next to mine again! So i scooted my hand over thinking that maybe I was invading this boys space...his hand moved over and again met mine. To save myself and this boy more embarrassment, I moved my hand over again, only to have his follow mine once more. "this is ridiculous" i thought to myself, "i'm missing this whole ride worrying about this kids hand touching mine!" About half way through the line he moved his hand (thank goodness!)....but wait! he moved it down to the seat and just gripped the seat rather than the handle bar. Fair enough right? Each seat is separated so I thought to awkwardness had been averted. NO! oh no! was i mistaken. His hand found its way to my seat section. I'm not a big girl, meaning there was space to my side for him to grip my side of the seat (since that's where his hand landed) without touching me.
But right...he had to ruin the end of the ride (the best part I might add) by grabbing my portion of the seat right under the back of my leg! I could only scoot over and swat away his hand so many times before i got so frustrated at missing the entire ride that I just quit. When the ride ended, rather than wishing my seat neighbor a happy birthday, i sat there wish to get off the ride and away from this kid. Now i'm not quite sure what this kid was thinking or if he really even realized how uncomfortable he was making me, but needless to say....he added a whole new dimension to that ride to me. I'm a little hesitant to use the single rider line now...and i feel it is my responsiblity to share this unfortunate inccident with you, potential-future-single-rider-pass-users.
Well, this was my attitude until one fateful ride as a "single rider." We had gone on the ride numerous times as single riders up to this point and my opinion had held strong. This trip to the front of the line seemed like all the rest. I was pulled from the single rider line to fill a seat in the front row with 3 teenaged boys. As I stood in line with them waiting for our car to be emptied of its prior passengers, I overheard one of the boys plead to sit in the middle versus on the edge of the car. I smiled to myself, got in my seat, buckled up and let the excitement boil up. As we waited for the ride technician to check our seat belts, i started making small talk with one of the boys next to me to ease any of his potential worries about the ride. Through our conversation I came to find that he was at Disneyland for his 13th birthday. I smiled and wished him fun. I turned my attention back to the ride as it began. All of a sudden I noticed a small hand bumped up against mine as I gripped the handle bar in front of me. I looked down and then over at the 13 year old birtday boy who embarrassedly pulled his hand away. I shrug it off chalking it up to the bumpy ride.
But wait, I felt that same hand next to mine again! So i scooted my hand over thinking that maybe I was invading this boys space...his hand moved over and again met mine. To save myself and this boy more embarrassment, I moved my hand over again, only to have his follow mine once more. "this is ridiculous" i thought to myself, "i'm missing this whole ride worrying about this kids hand touching mine!" About half way through the line he moved his hand (thank goodness!)....but wait! he moved it down to the seat and just gripped the seat rather than the handle bar. Fair enough right? Each seat is separated so I thought to awkwardness had been averted. NO! oh no! was i mistaken. His hand found its way to my seat section. I'm not a big girl, meaning there was space to my side for him to grip my side of the seat (since that's where his hand landed) without touching me.
But right...he had to ruin the end of the ride (the best part I might add) by grabbing my portion of the seat right under the back of my leg! I could only scoot over and swat away his hand so many times before i got so frustrated at missing the entire ride that I just quit. When the ride ended, rather than wishing my seat neighbor a happy birthday, i sat there wish to get off the ride and away from this kid. Now i'm not quite sure what this kid was thinking or if he really even realized how uncomfortable he was making me, but needless to say....he added a whole new dimension to that ride to me. I'm a little hesitant to use the single rider line now...and i feel it is my responsiblity to share this unfortunate inccident with you, potential-future-single-rider-pass-users.
4 comments:
Who could blame ANY boy sitting next to you in the dark for wanting to touch you, hug you, kiss you!! It's a cross you'll have to bear!
Poor Lauren! It's rough being so dang cute!
Oh my gosh! I can't believe that happened! Strange that a 13 year old thinks he can hit it off with a college girl..... hmmm..... I have to agree with my fellow commenters, you're just going to have to deal with this because of your looks. Sorry. :)
Oh Lauren, I needed a laugh, I really did, so thank you!!! I sure love you!!
Post a Comment