Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Food Wars

ok, since I'm going to be a social studies teacher in the near future, I'm always on the look out for cool teaching materials. Here's a video my history teacher showed in class to illustrate what was going on between nations during the major world wars. World wars made so much more sense to me after this...what do you think? I think it would be awesome to use to teach about the "big" wars. FYI- -Hamburger (duh...the United States) -Stroganoff (USSR/Russia) -Fish/chips (Britain) -Sushi (Japan) *Watch out for the big hamburger patty atomic bomb over all the sushi civilians -Kimchi (Korea) -Egg rolls (China) -Shrimpy thing (Vietnam) -Kabobs (how do you spell that anyway....Arabs) -Crossiants (France) -Sausage/Pretzels (Germany) -Cuban Sandwich (Cuba...duh) ...Well I think that covers all the major food "groups"...The ones i missed i'm sure you'll figure it out.

1 comments:

Karen said...

I'm not sure what to say. 1. Somebody has way too much time on there hands!! 2. That sure breaks things down into the gist of it...like your 5 second videos. 3. Makes you think about it.