So bear with me as I learn to be a substitute blogger! We had a nice drive to Provo with Lauren. (I should have taken more pictures but we mostly just sat in the car.) It was raining as we dropped her off, which we said was good luck. She was pretty nervous but excited, worried she had too much stuff, but the Elders who met us at the car and took her luggage, didn't flinch at the size or weight. So it was hug, hug, good bye and she was gone. I'm sure it saved us all alot of tears to make it so brief. Well, it saved ... no, it didn't save any tears! But it was emotionally easier to say good bye quickly rather than after a long, heart wrenching meeting. I drowned my tears with pepper fries and a burger from the Creamery, washed down with ice cream. We haven't heard from her yet as to how she handles it, but they haven't called telling us to come get her, so we think she's OK :)
So here's pictures of her with her dad at the door to the MTC, riding in the car before we started to cry, last hug from Karrie and a picture of her with our Stake Pres. when he set her apart.
(I have learned that no matter how I arrange these pictures on the page, blogger puts them where it wants them to be.)
Thad's Mispronunciations
8 years ago
3 comments:
I really like the "drop them at the door" policy...MUCH easier than taking them in, going to the welcome meeting, and then telling them goodbye with a hundred others. Lauren will be fine. After her harrowing trip to visit Rob's family, traveling as a missionary will be a piece of cake.
Thanks for stopping by our house on the way--it was great to see Lauren before her big adventure! She will do great, as usual!
We are all so proud of Lauren! She is beautiful inside and out and just radiates from the joy and truthfulness of the gospel in her life! Is there an address where we can send letters to her? Sorry if I missed that somewhere else!
Post a Comment