Imaginary Friend: How was your Saturday, Lauren?
Lauren: Well, it hasn't felt like a Saturday at all actually.
Imaginary Friend: Why's that?
Lauren: I wouldn't call sitting in a lecture hall for three hours straight, answering over 200 questions, and writing an essay regarding Utah State History a Saturday activity.
Imaginary Friend: Ooo...That stinks! At least it's overwith!
Lauren: Yeah, I suppose, but I still have two more finals to take, one that I'm dreading more than the one I took today!--Economics might bring me to my death bed.
For all of you who are wondering why this conversation took place between me and a random imaginary friend, all I can say is that it's been a long past few days! My roommate is sick and consequently coughing all day and ALL night....With this and the fact that it's finals week in mind, I present these photos:
Yes, that is my bed in our living room. The first night I slept on the couch, but regretted that the next morning. Night two I slept on my roommates' floor on the couch cushions, but that wasn't much better. I finally gave in when I realized that her cough was worsening and she doesn't seem to want to go to the doctor even though she's been sick for over 10 days now. Needless to say, I've establish quite a nice resting place in our living room, which my roommates are also enjoying :) (note Bethany on my bed when I took this picture).
So, back to the imaginary friend scenario...now you see....finals week+coughing roommate+sleepless nights+3 hours of Utah State History testing=the birth of Lauren's imaginary friend! I'm not sure if my new friend is keeping me sane amidst this "unpleasant" time or if it's the mark of the beginning stages of insanity....I prefer the previous....
4 comments:
Ten days sick may justify ratting her out to her mother! It could be pneumonia which could permanently damage her body. An imaginary friend sounds like more fun than the roommate right now.
Come on Lauren Econ is fun! Don't be such a teacher for a second and appreciate some of the classes I took.
Good luck with your finals. You might never move your bed back to your room. Who wouldn't want such a cozy spot in the living room? Tell your new friend I say hi...
When you start talking to imaginary friends...it's time to take a break.
Post a Comment